These simple pumpkin peanut butter cookies are so great for fall! They're vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and also use just one bowl and less than 10 ingredients to make!
Woah. Two of my favorite things in one cookie? What is even happening?!
Well, friends, only good things are happening around here. We're talking all things cookies. Gluten-free and vegan cookies. Pumpkin cookies. Peanut butter cookies. All those things mashed into one perfect cookie that is sure to make your autumn tastebuds sing!
These healthy Pumpkin Peanut Butter cookies might sound like an unlike flavor combination buy holy wow are they good! They're chewy, they're soft, they're pillowy, they're full of peanut butter flavor, they've got the warm aromas of pumpkin spice and they're super-duper healthy too. They're a cookie that everyone needs to make!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies
We've made at least 50 different cookies on the site – I don't actually know the real number so I'm just guesstimating – and peanut butter is an ingredient in many of them. They're just something so awesome about baking peanut butter cookies, ya know? They make your house smell so good and there's almost nothing better than biting into a warm peanut butter cookie.
So what if we coupled those traditional cookies with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice? It takes the baking aromas to a whole new level!
We're using a pretty simple list of ingredients for these pumpkin peanut butter cookies. We've got less than 10 ingredients, we use just one bowl, and it takes less than 15 minutes for these beauties to come out of the oven!
The Secret to Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
There are a couple tricks to making perfect peanut butter cookies. For starters, you need good peanut butter. We're not talking about the kind that is mixed with sugar, salt, and palm oil. We're talking pure, 100% peanut butter. The texture? Creamy vs. chunky is on you to decide.
The next trick for making healthy peanut butter cookies is to swap the white or brown sugar with something a bit less processed. My fave options are coconut sugar and maple syrup which is what we're using here. Both sugars are still sweet, but they're lower on the glycemic index, are less processed, but still taste just as good.
The final trick is to use a whole grain flour. Most peanut butter cookies are flourless, but I've found that if you're also making them vegan, it's best to add a touch of flour to help them stay together. No one wants a crumbly cookie that's full of pricey all natural peanut butter!
How to Make Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies
Did I mention these fabulous pumpkin peanut butter cookies use just one bowl? Yep, that's right. You can mix 'em up and only have to do one wish. That is something I'm on board with!
We start with our wet ingredients. We're beating up our peanut butter, pumpkin, flax egg, and sugars until they're smooth and creamy. Once you've got that you add your dry ingredients in, stir together and done. Perfect cookie batter awaits!
Best of all, these cookies bake for just 10 minutes. In the time it takes you to clean up, wipe down the counters and put your baking supplies away, they'll be done and ready to eat. Now you just have to find something delicious to dunk them into and you're good to GO!
A Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie for Fall
Since we're making pumpkin peanut butter cookies, you better believe there's some pumpkin pie spice tossed in for flavor. I for one absolutely adore pumpkin pie spice and use it in pretty much everything.
And those warm, delicious spices are the perfect thing to round out these autumn-inspired cookies. The flavor is incredible, the aromas that waft through your house are divine and the cookies themselves are just delish. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and full of cinnamon-nutmegy goodness!
More Gluten-Free Vegan Cookies to try:
- Vegan Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Super Healthy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chunky Monkey Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- The Best Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Coconut Protein Cookies
- Insanely Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flax egg, peanut butter, pumpkin, coconut sugar and syrup. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda and quinoa flour and beat again until a sticky dough forms.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies at least 2" apart. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Gently flatten the cookies with your hands and sprinkle with sugar. Bake on the center rack for 11 - 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cool, pack up and/or enjoy!